If there’s one thing I’ve learnt since being pregnant, it’s that however niche your question about your pregnancy, another mother-to-be will have already asked it. I’ve searched dozens of increasingly obscure questions and am yet to come up blanks. Granted, most of the resulting pages are chatroom/comment threads without actual answers to the question you’re searching, but in terms of not feeling alone, it’s ace.
‘Is it safe to use bouncy castle while pregnant?’
– I’m going to a birthday BBQ with one and I REALLY don’t want to miss out. Answer: no medical advice, but try not to fall over.
‘Being punched in the stomach in early pregnancy’
– Don’t panic, I’m not being abused or carelessly involving myself in bar brawls, but my cat jumped onto me really hard (it was more of a pounce than a jump, really) and I thought the cat-pounce search was a little too niche. Answer: the little babe is well protected in there. Being punched is best avoided (bad Ziggy Cat) but you should be OK.
‘Can I eat cheesecake while pregnant?’
– Duh. Answer: if it’s baked.
‘Can I play tennis pregnant?’
– Please say no, please say no, please say no. Answer: New sports are best avoided. What. A. Shame.
‘Normal weight gain in pregnancy’
– Because WHOA I got heavy. Answer: it varies from person to person but I should be ok.
‘Baby on board badge rude London’
– Because THIS. Answer: Yes, London is rude.
– TMI? Sorry but going through a second adolescence here. Answer: yes, it can increase. Super.
– Just checking. Answer: still needs to be baked.
You can follow me on Twitter @Rebecca_Cox